Monday, June 1, 2015

Looking Back at the Future

I'm sorry is not enough
It never is but this time especially

I ruined things for you
If only a little bit
But that merits I'm sorry
It merits not enough

In other words
It doesn't merit enough
In other words

I'm sorry is too much
It always is but this time especially

I didn't know how upset you were then so I couldn't say I'm sorry
I shouldn't know how upset you were now so I can't say I'm sorry
You probably don't want an apology so I shouldn't say I'm sorry
You definitely don't want to hear from me so I can't say I'm sorry

In other words
I won't say I'm sorry
In other words

I won't say goodbye
Even though it is
Because I won't say anything
And you won't say anything

And we'll keep not saying anything
And then we won't think anything
And then we won't be anything
To each other

I guess that's okay
I guess that's goodbye
I guess that's too much
I guess that's not enough

I guess that's I'm sorry
I guess I said it

No comments:

Post a Comment