Sunday, June 28, 2015

Whispers

I dream about you again
I hold you in my arms again
I feel your warmth again
I stare into your eyes again
I feel like part of you again

I hear a whisper
Your whisper
For the first time

And it asks:

What was it like then?
When I held you close
When you leaned your body against mine
When you gripped my arm like it was the only thing holding you here
When I stared off into the distance and hoped that moment would never end

What would it be like?
If I looked into your soul
If you looked into mine and saw a reflection
If you felt the things I do and we saw we were the same
If I told you every last detail of the love I feel for every last piece of you


As I sleep at night
My heart whispers your whisper
My head listens hanging on every word

And it answers:

It wasn't like
It wouldn't be like
It simply never was

Like a whisper
I hear you sing soft and sweet the melody of the beautiful symphony that is the soundtrack of life

Like a whisper
I hear you fade and blend quiet into the inexorable white noise that is the soundtrack of life



And I never hear your whisper again

No comments:

Post a Comment