Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Memories

I remember
Late night talks
I remember
Out-of-the-way walks
With you

I remember
Venomous words and fights
I remember
Apologies and dying light
With you

Everything
With you
Against you
About you
I remember everything that's you

I wish I didn't

Sometimes I will be in an anonymous crowd
Someone will wear the same perfume as you
Somehow I will remember so much more

You said I was listening to your favorite song
So we loved music together
And you laughed at my lame music
And I leaned against you and laughed too

You sat beside me with a long way home ahead of us
So we kept warm together
And you slept on my shoulder
And I kept watch over the open road

You wanted to hang out for once
So we watched a dumb movie
And you gained a new favorite
And I laid my head in your lap

Somehow I remember
When we were close enough
That you flooded all my senses
And know it can never be that way again

I remember
What you said
I remember
How I bled
I remember
Cut red thread

I wish I didn't

But I remember everything that's you
And how it really is everything
And how there will be no more you in my life

And how memories are but jagged shrapnel of better times rending me anew each time I try to return and repair whatever it was that broke

So I wait for the day when
I don't remember
Anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment