Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Hypocrisy

I am ruled by my emotions
I am foolish
I am weak

But I know you
You are stronger than I 
So I give you this advice: 
Do not make the mistakes I have

Get out
Before you become the user and abuser
Before you manipulate only because it's fun
Before you end up too broken to follow this advice

Broken like this vinyl veneer of a man skip skip skipping and repeating this advice

A hypocrite telling you to let go
With his own hands clenched tight

Or at least I'd like to believe 
I'm not giving this advice 
To save another from how I was hurt
Because the way I held on was different 

Not because I rule emotions
Not because I fool others
Not because I exploit weakness

Because I am weak
And I lie even to myself 
And that lie is my real hypocrisy 

No comments:

Post a Comment