Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Head

You
I hear you

I've gone to you for advice again
And like always I hear but don't listen

I know you have fought long and hard with my same struggle
And that you want me to be happy because you're my friend
You are wise

You know that I am stubborn and don't always value happiness
But even though I try to listen because you're my friend
I am foolish

And I know that in my pigheadedness and refusal to listen I might just be making this worse and hurting myself more and I know you don't want me to learn this lesson the hard way like you did because that's not how things have to be

But it's how things are
And it's how things will stay

Sometimes you need to trust your heart over your head
And sometimes you need to listen to something but

Not you


No comments:

Post a Comment