Monday, November 2, 2015

Right and Wrong (Orbits)

I am sometimes so focused on making something right
With two wrong people and all the wrong words I've said
That I miss someone who has it right

I am unstable and so are you
So unsure of yourself
That you follow the crowd
An asteroid in this belt with me
Whom I thought I could fly alongside

But you so small so light so fast
Leave me alone in the dust
Spinning with nowhere gravitate to
Until you pass by then leave again
Stuck in unstable orbits so wrong
That is wrong for me
You are wrong for me

I am unstable but you are not
So self assured and confident
You stand out immediately from the crowd
A star who so many pause or stay for
Whom I think I can stay alongside

And you so small yet so stoic 
Make sure I am not left alone
I spin and circle around and gravitate to you
And somehow neither of us flies away

Finally a stable star and a stable orbit
Maybe that is right for me 
Maybe you are right for me

Maybe I have finally learned my right and wrong
And the old idiom that two wrongs can never make a right 
And to look inward and focus on the source of this orbit 
That could be something right

No comments:

Post a Comment